Last week I shared my stain choice for the faux beams. This is the second time I’ve installed beams. You can find details on my first attempt here DIY Faux Beams. I used an almost similar process for this one. This time I was a one woman show and needed a simpler method to be able to get the boards up there. I decided to use toggle bolts to anchor them instead of the studs and joists. Thankfully these beams were easier to manage at 6×6 and a little over 9ft long compared to my originals which were 6×8 and 12 ft long.
This method also allowed me to space them out the way I preferred. It was also supposed to be an ‘easier’ method than locating the studs since the ceilings were much higher. I started out with these toggle bolts and then switched to these ones because they required no pre drilled holes. I immediately ran into an issue with the screws and ended up back at square one using the original bolts I chose.
After lots of trial and error, I’m happy to report that the beams are up and it took majority of this last week to figure it out. .
Not the way I planned it but feeling super accomplished and ready to finish off the space.
In other exciting news, most of my décor pieces are in or arriving within the next week and I can’t wait to share them with you. More on that next week.
Stain dresser and nightstands. I had to push this due to the beam fiasco.
We are inching closer to the finish line and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thankful that One Room Challenge| Better Homes & Garden pushes me and gives me a challenge each season. You can check out and follow fellow blogger projects on the One Room Challenge blog. Also don’t forget to check out the feature designer projects below.